So, my brother turned me on to this site, and I thought since I was going to start going down a culinary path of my own, I could take you along with me.
Growing up I was never much interested in cooking too horribly much. When I was younger, my grandmother use to bake pies and treats, always showing me the steps along the way. (Too which unfortunately I was very good at selective hearing by then, and decided to tune her out.) We never had a lot of variety growing up as far as it came to meals. My parents worked very hard as my brother and I were growing up, and probably just made what was easy and what they could afford. I am not complaining, but by the time it came for me to be on my own and cook on my own, I pretty much just made the same things because that was all I knew. And that had not changed for 13 years, until now.
Yesterday I made Tomato, Garlic and Basil Porkloin, Linguine with Browned Garlic Butter and Mozzarella, and Bruschetta. I'd have to say that is the fanciest thing I have probably ever made in my whole life, and not only did it taste excellent (kids ate all of it, and they are picky!) but it made me feel excellent too. I put that meal in front of my family, it looked good, and they loved it!
So, my dear friend, let me invite you on this wonderful trip to rediscover the art of preparing really awesome meals!
(No worries, I'm not going to get all technical and suggest things that take hours to prepare, these will mostly be easy recipes that anyone can pull off!)
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey remember to link recipes so we can try them it's pretty easy to do in blogger just click the link button and put in the url or if you want to be really cool you can use html
You Go Girl!! Could you be Charlene's personal probono low calorie, low fat chef as well!?!? ahahaha
This is totally something for you!!!
Post a Comment