Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Bruschetta

So, I am going to get around to putting up the recipes for what I made for dinner on Oct. 2. Here is my first recipe, and it is for the Bruschetta.
You will need:
1 Baguette (I find it best just to cut the bread in half and then cut into 2-3 in. squares)
3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/4 of a red onion
1 clove of garlic, chopped (little pieces)
1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano
A pinch of salt and pepper
Shredded mozzarella
Pre-heat oven to 375
In a small mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper
Mix well, cover and refridgerate
rub bread with garlic butter, thinly spread over top (recipe follows)
Arrange bread on a baking sheet and toast in oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Reduce oven to 325
Spoon equal amounts of tomato mix on bread, top with as much mozzarella as you wish, and bake for 8-10 min until the cheese is nice and melted (I also broiled mine at the end for a nice melted browned top!)
Garlic Butter
take half a cube of butter and add one clove of garlic (pending on if you really like garlic or not, add more butter to your taste, or add less garlic to butter!) cut the garlic into the butter. It is so much better than that crap you can get from the store.

No comments: